18 Mar Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for businesses
For local businesses, we can only imagine how stressful the current COVID-19 situation is. We’re trying our best to keep up to date with this rapidly changing situation and find what support is available to help local businesses through this difficult time.
The government has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19. The types of support that will be made available include;
- Support for businesses who are paying sick pay to employees
- Support for businesses that pay business rates
- Support for businesses that pay little or no business rates
- A new temporary Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme, delivered by the British Business Bank, to support businesses to access bank lending and overdrafts.
- A dedicated helpline has been set up to help businesses and self-employed individuals in financial distress and with outstanding tax liabilities receive support with their tax affairs.
To support businesses through this challenging time, the government is continually updating their Coronavirus guidance for employees, employers and businesses. The most up to date information can be found on the government website.